HIPAA security audits can be overwhelming, however the need to keep health care patient information safe and secure is growing. Most recently, the Anthem security breach has exposed in excess of 80 Million patient’s personal information which Anthem has identified to include; Name, Date of Birth, Social Security Number, Medical ID, Home Addresses, E-mail Addresses, Employment Information and Income Data. This is preventable by taking the proper planning and precautions.
HIPAA is an excellent baseline and framework to build from, however technology moves faster than the 1990’s imposed federal law. The Radix Group uses the principals and guidelines from HIPAA pairing them with our own proprietary security measures. This elevates your health organization’s patient information security beyond the requirements of HIPAA.
- Ridiculously Insecure Smart Lock June 18, 2018
- Friday Squid Blogging: Cephalopod Week on Science Friday June 15, 2018
- Thomas Dullien on Complexity and Security June 14, 2018
- Russian Censorship of Telegram June 13, 2018
- New iPhone OS May Include Device-Unlocking Security June 12, 2018
- Router Vulnerability and the VPNFilter Botnet June 11, 2018
- Friday Squid Blogging: Extinct Relatives of Squid June 8, 2018
- New Data Privacy Regulations June 8, 2018
- An Example of Deterrence in Cyberspace June 7, 2018
- The Habituation of Security Warnings June 6, 2018