HIPAA security audits can be overwhelming, however the need to keep health care patient information safe and secure is growing. Most recently, the Anthem security breach has exposed in excess of 80 Million patient’s personal information which Anthem has identified to include; Name, Date of Birth, Social Security Number, Medical ID, Home Addresses, E-mail Addresses, Employment Information and Income Data. This is preventable by taking the proper planning and precautions.
HIPAA is an excellent baseline and framework to build from, however technology moves faster than the 1990’s imposed federal law. The Radix Group uses the principals and guidelines from HIPAA pairing them with our own proprietary security measures. This elevates your health organization’s patient information security beyond the requirements of HIPAA.
- Teaching Cybersecurity Policy December 18, 2018
- New Shamoon Variant December 17, 2018
- Real-Time Attacks Against Two-Factor Authentication December 14, 2018
- Friday Squid Blogging: More Problems with the Squid Emoji December 13, 2018
- Marriott Hack Reported as Chinese State-Sponsored December 13, 2018
- New Australian Backdoor Law December 12, 2018
- 2018 Annual Report from AI Now December 10, 2018
- Friday Squid Blogging: Problems with the Squid Emoji December 7, 2018
- Back Issues of the NSA's Cryptolog December 7, 2018
- Banks Attacked through Malicious Hardware Connected to the Local Network December 7, 2018